Cutec was founded in 1999 by Mark Rowland and Kristian Callaghan.
Together they wanted to create a company that would manage all aspects of a clients IT requirements taking away the stress and worry this can entail and leave business owners to get on with other aspects of running their company.
We would strive to be a company who communicates in plain English and not technical IT language. We would also be a company that would be a trusted IT partner for clients who is knowledgeable, reliable, friendly, personal and importantly cost-effective.
Over 20 years later, both Mark and Kris are still at the helm, and the company values have not changed! We now have a fantastic team of dedicated staff who help our clients large and small get the most out of their IT system and investments. We have over 20 years experience helping local and national companies have hassle free IT, but most importantly, we still offer that personal level of service where you are a name and not just an account number.
Every business, whether large or small, has to make the maximum use of resources, to control costs and promote activity. Cutec complements this with specially designed services to help clients streamline their operations, making them more efficient by providing:
- professional IT support and help desk services
- advice on the equipment required to meet business objectives
- on-site personnel training and support
- use of our resources to help fulfil business IT needs
- the ongoing monitoring of hardware and software performance
In an ideal world, every company would be able to afford to have an individual or in-house IT team. The cost, however, is prohibitive, and the workload would not justify such an expenditure. Cutec however, can offer this solution on an outsourced basis at a simple, great value, monthly cost.
We would be delighted to talk over your IT requirements and how Cutec can help you.
As a company:
- We are a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner
- We are approved by Plymouth City Council trading standards
- We are a ISO 9001:2015 registered company
- We hold the IASME Gold Governance Standard
Our staff are:
- Engineers are Microsoft trained and certified
- Our staff are DBS checked for customer security
SECURITY ACCREDITATIONS & GDPR:
Cutec is committed to client security and data protection which is why we take information security seriously. We have achieved Cyber Essentials Plus, IASME GOLD accreditation and the GDPR standards assessment.
IASME Gold from the IASME Consortium is deemed in the industry as being the equivalent to the more commonly known ISO 27001. Please click here if you would like to see how the two accreditation's compare. Cutec selected the IASME Gold accreditation as we felt this was more attainable for a smaller companies but carried the same level of security and protection for us and our clients.
Developed as part of the UK Government’s National Cyber Security Strategy, the ‘Cyber Essentials’ scheme identifies technical security controls to help defend against internet-borne threats.
The accreditation aims to provide protection based on 5 key controls:
- Boundary firewalls and internet gateways – Secure firewalls and secure remote access
- Secure configuration – Best-practice and secure configuration of technologies we use
- Access control – Ensuring those that have access, only have it where appropriate
- Malware protection – Ensuring malware protection is installed and is up to date
- Patch management – Patches are applied not only to endpoints in good time, but network and infrastructure too
Accreditation can be achieved by identifying the scope and by responding to a Cyber Essentials questionnaire which Cutec has done and then being independently audited by a security consultant.
With Cyber Essentials Plus and the IASME GOLD accreditation, Cutec have shown the dedication and commitment to protecting our own data as well as our clients.
We are also delighted to achieve the GDPR standards assessment, which means we have reviewed our internal procedures and practices on how we deal with information and sensitive data. We have upgraded and made changes where necessary and then submitted these for assessment by IASME to ensure we are GDPR compliant. Cutec is pleased to meet all the GDPR regulations and feel this is important for the protection of our clients and staff data.